Free School Meals Eligibility
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Additionally, as part of the Pupil Premium funding we provide support to purchasing school uniform to children who are registered as Free School Meals.
To qualify you need to make sure you register for your FSM entitlement. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:-
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of not more than £7,400
- receiving income support/income-based job seekers allowance or income related employment and support allowance;
- entitled to child tax credit but not receiving working tax credit and your annual income must be below the threshold set by the government;
- receiving support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- receiving the guaranteed credit element of pension credit;
- entitled to the 4 week run on of working tax credit due to employment ending
We also want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. The school has the Healthy school food award and has obvious benefits that can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn.
If your child is in EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2 and receives Universal Free School Meals still please complete the form. Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £1,345 for your child’s primary school, to fund valuable support such as extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. The additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
For further information click East Riding – Free School Meals.
If you have any queries please contact the Benefits Section on 01482 394799 or phone the school office on 01482 308380.