Sims Pay Explained
We use SIMS Pay for parent payments and permissions for school dinners, school trips & events. SIMs Pay allows parents to top up and view their child’s school meal balance and receive automatic payment reminders when it is low. With everything in one place, it is much easier for parents to manage their school payments, whether they are using a smart phone, tablet or PC. Parents also have the option to pay by instalments for Residential Trips. By allowing parents to make online payments, children will no longer be required to carry cash into school.
SIMS PAY ONLINE PAYMENTS:
SIMS Pay provides a safe, secure and easy way to pay online for school items such as school meals, trips, events, clubs and other school activities.
- SIMS Pay Allows you make online payments to the school whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Makes it easy to make payments for school items by debit or credit card.
- Reduces the need for children to carry cash to school.
- Peace of mind that payments are made safely and securely to the school.
- You can also merge your accounts if you have more than one child at the school, or from other schools that also use SIMS Pay.
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH SIMS PAY?
- School will provide an activation letter containing a unique reference for your child – you will need this reference to access
your child’s account.
- You will need your child’s date of birth.
- You will also need a Microsoft account – you can use an existing account (e.g. a Hotmail account) or create a new one online – they are free, easy to setup and you can use any valid email address and password.
If you need a free Microsoft account please go to: https://signup.live.com
- To access SIMS Pay please go to: Sims Pay
- Follow the few simple steps to activate your account.
- You will receive an email to confirm your account has been activated; once you have clicked the link in the email you will be able to make payments for school items straight away.
- If you have more than one child at the school, you can easily merge their SIMS Pay account into a single combined view – please see the Help section within SIMS Pay on how to do this.
IS SIMS PAY SAFE – ARE MY PAYMENTS SECURE?
- Yes – SIMS Pay is safe and secure and tested for the highest security.
- All information on Sims Pay is secure and only accessible by completing several security steps and automated checks.
- Payments are secure – no card details are ever stored on the system or accessed by the school.
- Sims Pay is PCI DSS Level 1 certified and uses the highest levels of card payment security & 3D fraud protection measures.
- You will receive an email receipt for all payments and you can check at any time what and when you have paid the school through Sims Pay.
I’ve already activated my SIMS Pay account but can’t now get access – what can I do?
If you have already successfully activated your SIMS Pay account, but can’t now get access, and Pay is requesting an activation reference – this may be because the PC/laptop/tablet you are using is already logged in with a different Microsoft account, for example a different account for another member of the family.
- Please go to http://live.com – if currently logged in as another user, please sign-out by clicking on the name at the top right of the screen and selecting the ‘Sign out’ option
- Clear the browser history fully
- Close the browser completely
- Open a new browser window and login to Sims Pay, then enter your own Microsoft account details when prompted
Alternatively, try accessing SIMS Pay through a private browser window – this will ignore any other Microsoft accounts used on your PC/laptop
- If using Internet Explorer: select Ctrl+shift+P
- If using Google Chrome: select Ctrl+shift+N
- If using Firefox: select Ctrl+shift+P
- If using Safari, choose Safari > Private Browsing
- In the private browser window, please access SIMS Pay at https://www.sims-pay.co.uk/Home and enter your access details
For additional information: