Smiler Bear is in a place of German influence at the moment.
Here are the clues:
- It is a Christmas shopping event that is held every year in November and December in a city in Yorkshire.
- It is held in a place called Millennium Square which is an outdoor public space and bespoke live entertainment venue located within the civic quarter of a city centre. T
- he venue is surrounded by some of the city’s most significant and iconic buildings including a Civic Hall, a Town Hall, a City Museum, a General Infirmary and the Carriageworks Theatre / Electric Press complex.
- Over time, the range of products available has changed to suit modern tastes, but the event still holds true to their traditions, with Christmas decorations, crafts and sweets still dominating today.
- There is an Alp Chalet restaurant at the venue too.
- The German tradition of this event goes back to the Middle Ages. Records of the first one in Frankfurt dates back to 1393.