Smiler Bear is in an artistic mood at the moment.
Here are the clues:
- It is a seaside village in the Scarborough borough of North Yorkshire.
- It is in the North York Moors National Park.
- Its name means ‘Landing Place.’
- The CBeebies series Old Jack’s Boat starring Bernard Cribbins is set in and filmed here.
- The village has a rich history of art with many artists living here in the past.
- There are regular art festivals here.
- In 1745–46, the village’s most famous resident, Captain James Cook worked here as a grocer’s apprentice where he first gained his passion for the sea.
- There is a long tradition of using the coble (a traditional fishing vessel) here.
- This section of the UK is known as the “Dinosaur Coast” being predominantly of the Middle and Lower Lias Period.
- Many geologists visit or live here so as to study the coastline.